Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Anzac Day 2006

For the first time since becoming a Kiwi I didn't attend Dawn Service to commemorate ANZAC Day. It's partly due to moving to Sydney and not knowing the ropes, recovering from our trip to NZ and general tiredness. I know it's a poor excuse, but I'll go next year with Jarvis hopefully.

This morning the whole whanau went to the Powerhouse museum and had a ball. It was nice to have Adrienne along for a change and we played with all the wee people toys. I even got a chance to look at some of the exhibits.

After we all had a nana-nap, we headed over to the Rose pub in Surry Hills to celebrate our good friend Celeste's birthday. It was so good to see Celeste and I should so see more of her. I think a trip to the movies would be a good idea. Anyway, Jarvis had a great time at the pub, the West Coaster in him came out.

On the way home we picked up my good buddy Rachel Lee, who I used to work at Prime TV with, back in New Zealand. After catching up on all the gossip we picked up a fantastic Thai from Five Ways. What a great Anzac Day, even though I feel stink about not doing my duty this morning.

House Dad.




No comments: