Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Same City, New Places

I was keen to take the boys into the city today, but felt like we should see some new sites. So it was that we found ourselves in the main Catholic Church in the city centre. It was Jarvis first time in a Church (sorry Great Grandad Jack) and he wasn't that impressed (sorry again Great Grandad Jack) but brightened up when I told him that inside one of the casks was the bones of an old man. He was most impressed and insisted that they were the bones of a Pirate (sorry, sorry, sorry again)

From the Church we walked around the area known for all its outdoor and camping shops, as I'm training for a very long cross country run next year. The boys loved the shops that we went into, as they were full of climbing ropes, ice picks, tents and heaps of other cool things. I did not buy anything, but just looked and dreamed.

Our next stop was the Queen Victoria Building, as we wanted to go into HobbyCo for a play. Luckily for us, the ridiculously large Scalextric track they have was free, so all the boys played with it for ages.

Our final destination was David Jones department store, to check out their Christmas windows. It was either the festive windows or the trip to the Church, that softened me up, as within 20-minutes I found myself sitting next to Santa! How did that happen? I'm the most humbug and cynical person when it comes to Christinanity and Christmas, but when your boys get so excited about seeing Santa, I just caved in. So yeah, Santa it was and I'm glad I did, as Jarvis nearly peed himself with excitement waiting outside Santa's door, which just made my day.

House Dad.







No comments: