Monday, November 24, 2008

Noise Noise Noise

We had a trip out this morning to The Powerhouse Museum, which was, as ever, heaps of fun. On the way back though, Felix fell fast asleep, which was great, as I got to cuddle up with Jarvis for about and hour as we watched TV, trying to make as little noise as possible, so as not to wake Felix.

Once Felix was awake we decided to cross the road and visit Sarah our neighbour who is now on maternity leave. Sarah had been baking, so the boys scored some wonderful chocolate cup cakes. At the time I thought nothing of it, just two boys eating chocolate cup cakes, however when we returned from Sarah's, all hell was unleashed.

I went into the kitchen to prepare dinner and plonked Felix next to Jarvis, who was at the time reading his SpongeBob Squarepants magazine. Within minutes of me leaving the room, the noise level increased 100-fold. Normally the boys tend to get on each others nerves, but fueled by Sarah's chocolate cake, the boys were full of energy and eager to play with each other. The noise was so loud, I did think about going in and asking them to calm down, but the giggles were so beautiful, that I let them get on with it.

Twenty-minutes passed, which was enough time for me to fully prepare dinner, before I went back into the lounge. OH MY GOD! I found the room completely turned upside down, with two semi-naked boys standing on the corner arms of the sofa's screaming their heads off! It was so funny, but so dangerous at the same time. I just had to get Felix down straight away, as it would have been about a 60cm drop onto the wooden floor, had he fallen.

But yeah, I was delighted that they were playing so well, be it rather dangerously. I just hope that the years ahead are full of the giggles I heard today between the boys, as it was just magical.

House Dad.





No comments: