Friday, December 12, 2008

Funday Friday

At the start of the week, as I was driving along and chatting with Jarvis, I asked him about how he was enjoying his long summer holiday. He said it was fun, but also said 'I miss Olly, I'm broken hearted." It was so upsetting, that I just had to sms Jane and see if we could get together for a play. So it was that we paid Olly, Jane, Madison and Zach a visit first thing this morning.

Jarvis was stoked to see Olly, as he'd been talking all night and morning about the play date. No sooner were we at the gate, when Jarvis was shouting at the top of his voice "Olly, I'm here, I've missed you." Then the boys were into some serious playing with first the Wii and then outside to get good and dirty as only two four-year olds could!

Olly even had a Christmas present for Jarvis, which was wonderful. Jarvis especially liked the On The Go Caddy, which was a carry case full of pens, pencils and crayons. Believe me, since getting this present, it's been used hard out!

As with all good things though, they must come to an end and there were lots of tears when it was time to say goodbye to Olly. The tears where quelled though, when Jane promised Jarvis that he could come back again and again over the summer holidays. Woohoo :o)

Friday night was cool for Jarvis too, as Scott and Amy from next door came round to check out Jarvis Mario Kart game. Scott was a bit of a gamer 'back in the day' and really had fun playing. So much so, that I think he'll be back again and again. Boys and their toys eh!

House Dad.







No comments: