Sunday, December 14, 2008

Weekend Wrap 13th - 14th December 2008

I drove back from a training run on Saturday morning, to arrive just in time to hand over the car to Adrienne and the boys, who were off for play date at The Powerhouse Museum. They were meeting up with Richard, one of Adrienne's workmates and his family, to go and check out the Star Wars exhibition. Adrienne has always been a big fan of Star Wars and it's rubbed off on Jarvis a wee bit too, as he knew who most of the characters were. After seeing the pictures, I'm a bit jealous and may have to take the boys back for a second look.

In the afternoon, while I was at the movies with some buddies, Adrienne and the boys chilled out and watched TV until I came home at 6pm. Jarvis really missed having me around and insisted on giving me heaps of cuddles, which I just soaked up. Come bedtime, he didn't want to sleep with his beloved Mumma, but with his Dah. This was most unusual, but greatly appreciated by me. I was only messing around on my PC, so turned it off and hopped into bed with my Jarvie. As I lay there, he clamped onto me so tight and kept telling me how much he'd missed me through the day, it was very touching.

This morning Adrienne had the great idea of driving out to Homebush for a swim. It was a pretty warm day too, so a wonderful idea, as Jarvis just loves water parks. The main fun area has a whirlpool, which the whole family had a wonderful time being dragged through. It was so nice to do something and share so many laughs as a family. Yet another touching moment for me.

After our swim we went outside to dry off in the sun and have a wee nibble. As we ate, I spotted what looked like some trapeze artists in the distance, so off we set to investigate. How cool, it was a complete trapeze set up, where you can train to swing and do all the tricks. We sat there for about 20-minutes and watched all the first timers go through their routines. It's something that I'll keep in mind for a fun activity for when the boys are a bit bigger.

The rest of the day was pretty relaxing with heaps of sleeping and cuddles. Then in the early evening, there was a impromptu gathering of the neighbours, as we all sat down and had tea, glasses of wine and lemonade for the boys. It was so nice and so communal. Jarvis as ever, put on the entertainment for everyone.

Now it's Sunday night and my mind is starting to form ideas of some things we can do this week. So do check back over the next few days and see what we get up too.

House Dad.








No comments: