Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Taking It Easy

As it's the holiday season, I've kind of fallen into the relaxed mode and not been blogging very much, as some of you may have noticed. Instead, I've put the camera down and spent my time playing and enjoying family time, as Adrienne is off work for the next two-weeks. This is in part due to my new approach of the summer holidays to pace myself and slow things down heaps. The down side being that I've not kept up my regular blogging, but I'm sure we'll get back to it soon.

Anyway, over the last week Jarvis has been up to all sorts of things. Here's some of the bit and pieces he's been doing:

The boys had a really simple trip into the city, as it was nice and sunny. Rather than spend all over city time going into toy shops, we spent a fair portion of our time in Hyde Park. As it was sunny, Jarvis got to wear his new stylish hat, which he adores wearing.



On one of our easy days we walked to some local shops, where Jarvis bought a pack of trick flies. The intention was to trick his beloved Mumma, by putting them on her food. He did this when she came home, by placing them in bowl of strawberries, which he then gave his beloved Mumma.



I got bored of pulling an old piece of plastic over the garden table and chairs, in order to make a camp for the boys. So bright and early we set off for a walk to a local camping shop, who were having a sale. I purchased a really simple and easy to erect two-man tent for Jarvis and Felix. And how much did I pay for the tent? Just $22 - how good is that? Anyway, Jarvis set himself up inside with chairs, sleeping bag and Scooby Doo magazines and proclaimed himself to be Barry The Life Guard!



It was VERY hot on Adrienne's last day of work, meaning that she had to cycle home in the midday sun. It took her a lot longer than normal and as soon as she arrived, she plonked her whole body into one of the boys paddling pool. Jarvis thought it was hysterical, but Felix was a bit stunned!



And today, being Saturday 3rd January, the whanau had a wonderful trip to Sydney Zoo, which was packed to the rafters when we left at about noon. Sensibly, we arrived at 9am and enjoyed a fabulous day out. Jarvis was stoked to have his beloved Mumma along, as it's normally just Felix and myself, on weekday trips. Jarvis showed his beloved Mumma all the animals and never once let her out of his sight.



So yeah, the updates may be a bit few and far between over the next couple of weeks, as I'm going to be enjoying my beautiful family, and I'm sure no one will begrudge me that aye.

Happy New Year and lots of love from Jarvis, Adrienne, Felix and Lee xox

No comments: