Thursday, January 08, 2009

Taking It Easy - Part Two

I have to confess to be actually enjoying not blogging at the moment, instead, using my time to relax and savor having the whole whanua together for two whole weeks. Adrienne has often mentioned, that I tend to miss out on too much of the boys fun, as I'm so obsessed with getting pictures for the blog. So yeah, here are the few pictures we've taken over the last week.

Last weekend, while I recovered from two back to back 30k runs, Adrienne took the boys to the Thomas The Tank Engine rides at The Train Shed. Adrienne told me that they all had a wonderful time, spending about 4-hours riding around on the various miniature trains from the TV series.




Then from Monday to Tuesday we spent three wonderful days on a wee break. We took the boys to Jamberoo Action Park. They had a fantastic time and spent hours upon hours playing in the water parks. It was very hot too, so everyone was plastered in heaps of sunscreen, which was very much needed in the heat.

We stayed at quite a nice hotel in Wollongong. Jarvis really enjoys staying in hotels, which is funny, as both his parents probably never got to stay in a hotel until our late teens. Kids today, eh! Wollongong itself was a VERY strange place and I've never been hit up so much by drunks and druggies, trying to scrounge money before. The beach front was pleasant though, and in the evenings the whole whanau enjoyed digging fro treasure and chasing seagulls on the beach.





So yeah, that's a brief update of what we have been up to this week. Sorry I'm not updating daily through this holiday period, but I thought I'd give the whanau some of my attention, as opposed to my normal activity of sticking a camera in their faces all day long LOL.

House Dad.

No comments: