Saturday, December 06, 2008

Thursday, Friday And Saturday

Question: Before you read this update, can you guess what the picture below is? The answer and revealing picture is at the very bottom of this update



This has been Jarvis final week at pre-school at I.G.S. Like most parents, we can't believe that it's flown by so quickly. It's been a great year and all in all, Jarvis has adapted to life at school pretty well. There have been a couple of hiccups, but no more than any other little person. He's learned so much this last year, as we found out from the folder we were presented with on his last day, that outlined all his developments.

Friday was the big last day, that included the pre-school and transition year concert. As with last year, Jarvis was not at all happy to perform, which is amazing, when you consider that he's such a confident and outgoing lad. He did about half the songs, but much preferred to sit on his beloved Mummas lap and watch.

This morning I had a club run from Otford to Bundeena, which was very technical and just under 30ks in length. I left the house at 4.30am to catch the train to the start down on the South Coast. Sadly, I had to pull out at the half way stage, due to an ankle turn. If I had to scale the twist from 1 - 10, it was only about 4, but as I hobbled along, I kept thinking to myself, If this gets worse, how am I going to look after my boys? I could have finished in a lot of pain, but I have to remember that my priority is to my boys and support Adrienne in her career. So yeah, common sense prevailed and I'll just rest and run another day.

Anyway, Adrienne and the boys came down to meet me at Bundeena, which is a wee town in the Garrawarra National Park. It has a beautiful wee beach, so the boys put on their cozzies for a play on the sand. Jarvis even found a hermit crab, something none of us had seen before. He named it Frank and was very careful with it, until he released it back into the sea.

House Dad.





Answer: It's two wee boys wearing headlamps and sitting on the front porch, waiting for their beloved Mumma to come home.

No comments: