Wednesday, December 03, 2008

It's All About Pace

Jarvis must have had such a great time with his Dah over the last couple of days, as he didn't want me to leave him at pre-school this morning. He's only ever been that way once before, and that was when he was a bit under the weather. Anyway, I bargained with him and said that I'd bring him a wee gift after school. He asked for a Hot Wheels set, but hey, that would cost at least $60 and I'd only planned, and eventually did, only spend $3. I'm such a tight-arse!

Adrienne is working again tonight, so today has been all about pace. This meant that I wore Felix out until about 10am, then slept with him for a couple of hours. I've learned that it's no good me being tired and grumpy at night if the boys are fighting. It's far better that I'm fresh and patient.

Felix and I picked Jarvis up at 3pm and while we waited by the car for the air-con to kick in, I gave Jarvis his tiny gift. I told him that I was going to buy him Hot Wheels, but I bumped into Santa at the mall, and he said that he'd already bought if for Jarvis for Christmas. It didn't matter, as Jarvis was happy enough with his mini thumb wrestlers.

After dinner I ran the bath and let the boys put in the bubble bath. Both boys, thanks to their Dah, get eczema, so have never been able to have bubble baths, as the soaps would make their skin flare up. However, today I discovered some Sebamed bubble bath, that is perfect for their skin. It's the same brand as the shampoo they use, so perfect. They were stoked to have bubbles and had a great time playing in them.

After about 6.30pm, I give pointers that bedtime was coming up and by 7.30pm, both boys are keen to hit the bed. Adrienne has done a wonderful job of getting them to bed over the years, and there's never any drama. I got them into bed and both asleep in about 12-minutes. I was so happy with myself. Anyway, as you can see from the picture, they are both well asleep and I'm just about to enjoy my first non-disturbed cup of tea of the day - joy!

House Dad.





No comments: