Jarvis can now read ALL words. All you have to do is point to some text and say, "What does that say Jarvis" and he'll happily point to it and read the words. For example, in the picture below, he's reading the Taronga Zoo sign and saying "hubba-dubba-dah" or ask him to read he sign as you enter the cross-city tunnel and he'll point and say "hubba-dubba-dah" What a clever boy.
Talking about talking, I overheard two woman talking about Jarvis' hair at the zoo. It's always the same and I've heard it hundreds of times. It goes like this: "Oh what lovely hair, he'll hate it when he gets older though." Now as parents we try to be positive about every aspect of Jarvis' life, but surely if he hears this over and over again, he'll be conditioned into thinking that his hair is crap. Am I right or wrong, I don't know? Is curly hair a curse? I'd love to hear your comments please.
House Dad.

3 comments:
Curly hair is only a curse until you decide that you love it, then it is not a problem. I hated mine when I was growing up and used to brush it flat (that didn;t do any good). When I decided that I liked the curls it wasn't a problem.
I have always had curls (if I let it grow long enough)....and ringlets like Jarvis' when I was little....and I have only ever had positive, envious comments from people saying "you are so lucky to have those beautiful curls"....And I still get these wonderful comments - as I near 30. (The critics are just gutted as they have to pay for theirs!!!) JARVIS' CURLS ARE INCREDIBLY GORGEOUS!!! (It makes him less like everyone else!!!!)
Bradley's Mum
Wow what a cool pic of Jarvee posing by the stairs...such a big kid now..can't believe it! I have curly hair too and used to hate it but now love love it...he will look lik a total spunk! And if he does hate it..there are always straighteners..hehe xx
Post a Comment