When I first settled in New Zealand, I was confused when I asked a few elderly gentlemen what they were up to that day, to which they replied, "Ah I've come into town with Mum to do some shopping.' I'd think, jeeze this bloke is about 90, so his mum must be 120 or so. After a while I worked out that it's what happens in a marriage when you have children and you drop calling each other by your first name and refer to each other as Mum or Dad. Even though Adrienne does this, I've only ever referred to Adrienne as Mum when asking Jarvis a question, such as, "Jarvis, where's Mumma". However today I was calling Ade and Jarvis piped up "Ade" and Adrienne looked so upset. He was even more confused when I told him my name was Lee. A bit to hard to handle for a wee mind.
This morning, after Jarvis had a shave (see pic) we went to the mall to get a jacket and beanie hat for Jarvis, so he doesn't freeze whilst in the sub-zero temperatures of Greymouth, New Zealand next week.
Right got to dash, Mumma is calling me!
House Dad.



No comments:
Post a Comment