Sunday, June 11, 2006

Chicken Bone - Australia vs. England

Jarvis is becoming more developed in his creative play, as shown in one of the pictures below, where we give him a chicken bone and he pretends to be a wee dog. It's so funny, as he crawls on his hands and knees and makes puppy noises. He also pretends to be a cat and we have to stroke him under the chin and he meows, it's so cute. We are keen to encourage him in this area of play, as we think it's good to for him to use his imagination.

Lisa and Michael took me to the Australia vs. England game tonight which, was held at Telstra Stadium. It's my first time at the venue, and jeeze, what a stadium, breath-taking. I found myself in the strangest situation of cheering for the Wallabies which, is weird for a English born New Zealander. I even watched England play their first game in the FIFA World Cup last night and felt absolutely NO connection with my country of birth.

Anyway, at half time they had some 6 - 8 year-olds come on to play some rugby and I got an awful missing Jarvis pang come over me, as I watched the wee ones, thinking, that'll be Jarvis in a few years and then may be an All-Black one day...yeah!

House Dad.


1 comment:

Mac said...

Kiaora Jarvis! Just dropped in to see what you have been up to.

Make sure you do play for the All Blacks and not the Wallabies!! I might be there on the field with you!

Is it your birthday soon?

Mac x