Whilst at play group, Jarvis spent several minutes on the trampoline and I noticed that his cloths were making lots of jangling noises, so I had a look in his pockets and found heaps of coins. He's been going through a phase of coming up to Adrienne and I, holding his hand out and saying, "please". We then have to give him any change we have. This normally goes into his pockets, but from today, his mum has been encouraging him to put it into his little money bank. It's kind of funny at the moment, but we can see the days of, "Hey oldies, can you bung us a $20?", not being too far away.
Jarvis has now decided that he'll only eat his dinner, perched up on the back of his chair. He must think he looks cool, just like the guys who stand on the back of the bumper cars at the fair.
I spoke to my mother last weekend and she told us she thought Jarvis was turning 3 next week, and then we received a birthday card (pictured below) from my sister Stephanie, wishing Jarvis a happy 1st birthday! But as Steph pointed out, the average is right, so that's close enough. I have to say though, that it must be hard for them, to have a nephew, who they've never met, living on the other side of the world. So yeah, don't worry, it's the thought that is special to us.
House Dad.


No comments:
Post a Comment