Monday, June 05, 2006

The Powerhouse Museum Rocks!

It's a cold, wet and windy day in Sydney, which is so not what we'd thought Sydney would be like. At school, all the books showed Australia, as hot and full of kangaroos! Saying that, I thought sheep roamed the streets of Auckland before I moved there. How wrong was I, as that only happens in Christchurch.

Anyway, Lisa and Oscar had the same idea as Jarvis and I, that a trip to The Powerhouse museum was a must on such a horrid day. And what a great time we had too, playing in the members lounge and then the various exhibits. It really is the coolest museum we've ever been to and the staff are so relaxed and helpful.

In the pictures below, you will see Jarvis crawling under one of the little people's exhibits and in another, he's touching the sensor, to start off the wee steam engine. The whole place is so hands on, it's just perfect. In one of the other pictures, there's a TV screen showing a couple of dodgy characters - must be from an episode of Crime Watch. Have you seen these two villains?

I've also added a picture of the poster that I bought Jarvis at the weekend. It's of Toy Story 2, which we've seen about 10 gazillion times now.

House Dad.




No comments: