Monday, December 01, 2008

House Dad The Geek

Jarvis was very excited today, as being the first of December, meant that both he and Felix got to open day one of their advent calendars. What better way for a young man to start his day, than a nice chocolate rush to kick things off.



It's Jarvis first advent calendar that he's been aware of, that involves, as they do, opening one window a day. He's been really good and only asked once this afternoon if he could open another window.



It's no secret that I LOVE my Garmin Forerunner 305, the running watch that tells me how fast I'm running, how long for, the calories I burn, the rate of my heart and a gazillion other things. For ages now I've thought about wearing while on a day trip with the boys, so I can see just how far we travel. It's a GPS watch, so once home, I plugged it in and saw just how far we plodded on such a hot day.



The picture below is of a parrot, that we saw in the large rain forest cage. Jarvis insisted that I take a picture of it for his Granddad Steve. So here you go Steve, a picture of a parrot from Jarvis, enjoy.



Jarvis is getting pretty good at looking after wee Felix. They do fight often, but there are special moments like the one below, when he took Felix's hand and explained about the next bit of the zoo that we were about to visit. I think they'll be great buddies when they get older.



The boys are so lucky to have such an organised Dah, who packs not only lunch, but a full set of bathing cozzies, so they can have a swim in the water section of the zoo. I'm joking of course, but it is nice that they can cool down on such hot days, as today.



Jarvis taught Felix how to knock drink bottles together and say "cheers". Just look at the total admiration on Felix's face for his big Brother. Felix just thinks that Jarvis is the coolest guy ever.



And here it is, the satellite view of our trip to the zoo, from my GPS running watch. It's just over 4.5-kilometres, which on a hot stinking day like today, is quite a bit. What I did not get is a picture of the gradient before I deleted it. It's a mission of a climb pushing Felix in a pram, with Jarvis attached to the rear on the skateboard. Believe me, Sydney Zoo is on a very, very steep hillside and it's a major effort to climb. But hey, I'd do anything for my boys, as I love them so much.

Click on the image to see how far we (I) walked.



House Dad.

No comments: