Wednesday, December 17, 2008

So Much For Pacing!

Adrienne is out again tonight, so today should have been an easy one, as I'd planned to pace myself over the holidays if Adrienne was out late. However, we stayed at home yesterday and it drove me wild, staying inside with two constantly bickering boys. So I decided that we'd do a city day, which although quite tiring, is lots of fun and generally keep the boys entertained.

I'm a stickler for never breaking laws, choosing to set a good example to my boys. Today was one such instance where I asked for a train ticket for myself and one for Jarvis, as I was sure that he'd need one. He did and I'm glad I asked. It was his first ever train ticket and he got a buzz from holding it.

Jarvis instantly made a new buddy on the train called Layla, who was very nice. I'm always conscious of how loud and confident Jarvis is and sometimes hold him back from getting in peoples faces. Luckily though, I could spot that Layla was up for a hug and play with Jarvis. Layla was very taken with Jarvis hair and I think could have teased it all day long. It's always nice when Jarvis finds a friend on the train, as it starts the day off nicely.

We did all the general stuff that we do when in the city, with the majority of time being spent in Myers toys department. The boys had a great time checking out all the toys, while I enjoyed a coffee - bliss!

After Myers, wee Felix fell asleep, so Jarvis and I enjoyed a picnic in Hyde Park. It's not very often that I get Jarvis on my own during the day, but when I do, I really savor it.

So that was my day, which I'm adding to the blog at 2.39pm, as there's no way I'll have the energy tonight after looking after the boys all day.

House Dad.






No comments: