Sunday, December 21, 2008

Weekend Wrap 20 - 21 December 2008

I'm starting to feel a bit bad about my Six Foot Track Marathon training on Saturday's now, as it's eating into our family time at weekends. For example, I left home at 5.00am on Saturday morning to run a 25k off road trail, that saw me return home at 10.00am. After the run, I'm so tired, that I need a couple of hours sleep. Adrienne is wonderful, as this is when she takes the boys out to give me some peace, but I just feel that I'm neglecting my boys. Last Saturday Jarvis would let go of me, as he's missed me so much.

Anyway, Saturday was pretty much the same for Jarvis and everyone else, as we just chilled out and caught up on sleep. Though Jarvis sleep was a little late in coming, as he'd begged me, with puppy dog eyes, for some Coke in his lemonade. I think I put too much in, as he went crazy!!!

No long 30k plus runs for me on Sundays for a while, as I want to spend time with the whanau. So with me around, we drove to the mall to do the last of our Christmas shopping. While I did the groceries, Adrienne and the boys filled up their baskets with toys in KMart. I came along an hour later, complained and put most of it back on the shelves. I was wasting my time, as they only put them back in their baskets when I wasn't looking!

One of the things that Adrienne bought for Jarvis was some ice-block makers. So while Adrienne and Felix had a nana nap, Jarvis and I made some ice-blocks. It was pretty cool too, as the molds were in the shape of space rockets.

As I put the ice-blocks into the freezer, Jarvis went on to open and survey the fridge for food, as is his want these days. He's never been a great eater, instead tending to be a grazer and eating here and there through the day. Funny that, as it's just like Adrienne and I. But yeah, I had a vision of him when he was at the fridge, of the teenager to come, along with his Brother emptying our fridge out daily.

Once Adrienne and Felix woke up we went out into the yard and put up the gazebo, that we bought last year. It was such a wonderful investment, as it means that the boys can play outside, even when it gets too hot. And the compliment our 'Tacky Trash' backyard, we added fairy lights to the gazebo, to go along with the plastics fantastic lawn.

Sunday nights dinner was a new experience for Jarvis, as we made Tacos. Why did I buy tacos and expect a four-year-old and sixteen-month-old to be able to eat them? They were yummy, but OMG, what a mess!

Dinner was concluded with Jarvis taking the last two pictures you'll see below, capping off a wonderfully relaxed weekend.

House Dad.







No comments: