Friday, March 31, 2006

The Hunter Valley - Day Two

Adrienne left before sunrise this morning to take part in a golf tournament, so Jarvis and I jumped in the car and drove to Newcastle. I thought that Jarvis may have had enough of sitting in the back for the long drive up, so I put him up front with me. He was stoked to be able to see where we were going and kept pointing at all the trucks, diggers and lorries.

Once in Newcastle, which was a lot smaller than I'd imagined, we strolled through the town and then had a look at the sea front. Along the sea front ran the railway line, and of course Jarvis just had to go and check that out. We stood on the bridge for ages watching the trains go by, and Jarvis was delighted when they tooted.

At the end of the bridge was what I called 'The Tower of Death' Jarvis wanted to go up, so I started the ascent but only managed to get about half way up. I was a nervous wreck and broke out in a sweat and started to shake violently. Jarvis looked most puzzled at his Dad and gave me a massive cuddle. I've always tried to overcome my fears with Jarvis, for example, showing no fear when he has injections, but my fear of heights is one I'll never be able to overcome. Sorry son.

Oh yeah, Adrienne came second in the tournament - she's such a clever girl.
House Dad.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh Jarvee looks so grown up! He looks like such a "smooth Dude" in the first pic...
Miss you guys heaps and heaps ;o(
Love Aunty Soph.