Sunday, April 30, 2006

When Is Mothers Day Not Mothers Day?

...when Jarvis and I give Adrienne her presents two-bloody-weeks early!

I've never been one for remembering birthdays, anniversaries and such like, just ask my family. But I've never, ever been early with a present until today. Jarvis and I gave Adrienne a lovely set of pajamas and a whole set of new underwear, for what we thought was Mothers Day in Australia. And it didn't stop there, as we went to the mall and helped Adrienne buy a new pair of boots, shoes, dress and handbag - all to celebrate her day. It wasn't until I asked a shop assistant why the date on her Mothers Day poster was wrong, that we found out...DOH!

Ah well, we'll just have to treat her again in two-weeks time, which won't be a problem as she deserves it, as she is the best mum in the whole wide world.

While Adrienne and Jarvis had a nana-nap, I got stuck into the housework and found something in the spare room: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=55313896

House Dad.


No comments: