Monday, May 01, 2006

How Much To Run A Sydney Toddler - Day One

Adrienne and I had a lively discussion at the weekend about the value of money. It started with me complaining about a slice of fudge costing $4, which Adrienne said was nothing. I disagreed and later on removed a Play-Doh set, on the quiet, from our shopping trolley as I felt we didn't need it and it was a waste of money.

With this in mind, I've decided to see how much I spend a week on Jarvis and I, running around town, doing all the fun stuff we do.

So today we took our normal Monday morning trip to the Zoo, and I have always thought that it didn't cost much, when in fact we managed to spend over $20. It helps that we don't shell out $30 each time as we are members, but I was surprised just now when I sat down and worked it out. Some things I should say about our trip are that I do make sandwiches for Jarvis, to keep the costs down, but today I bought myself some chips, which Jarvis ate most of! Also, in the past I've been known to give Jarvis foreign coins and washers to drop in the terrapin pool...eeewww busted!

Today's Money Spent

Zoo Entry: $7.50 (based on this being our 20th entry on the $150 membership)
Cross City: Tunnel $3.56
Chips: $3.80
Coffee:$3.40 (essential to keep up my energy to run after Jarvee)
Money For Terrapin Pool: $.080
Petrol: $5.00 (rough guess at $1.39 litre)

Total: $24.06

House Dad.


No comments: