Tuesday, May 16, 2006

God Is A Rugby Fan, I'm Sure Of It

and hopefully behind the All-Blacks too...

I had a torrid time this morning trying to buy some tickets for the Wallabies vs. All-Blacks Bledisloe Cup game in July. Tickets went on sale to the public at 9.00am, and I was ready to go, sitting at my PC with the web site open and two phones on re-dial. As soon as it hit 9.00am, I hit the correct link, but the web site was jammed with people trying to buy tickets, as were the phone lines. I was in such a state, as one-minute I'd get on the site, only to be told that tickets were unavailable, then it would lock me out. I quickly fired off an email to my mate Jade, who I'd planned to stay with in Brisbane for the game, letting her know that it was not looking good. I then think Jade had a quiet word with her buddy up above, and wouldn't you know it, I managed to buy at least one ticket, which was a start. Then I think Jade put in a good word for me with the Big Fella, as after 45-minutes of trying over and over again, I finally got another 3 tickets for Jade and her two buddies.

So yeah, I think I should repay the favor and at least go to Church this Sunday, as a way of saying thanks to the Big Guy. I'm sure that'll put a smile on Grandad Jack's face.

House Dad.


No comments: