Wednesday, May 03, 2006

How Much To Run A Sydney Toddler - Day Three

Kid's Island at The Australian Museum has moved to a temporary location within the building, so Oscar, Jarvis and I went to check it out this morning. The new location has a lot more room and natural light, which the other room did not. We also checked out the bugs, skeletons, photography and rock exhibits too.

From the museum, we crossed the road to have a play and picnic in Hyde Park. As normal, Jarvis was not interested in sitting down, choosing to run around and throw dirt all over himself - what a boy!

After saying goodbye to Oscar, we headed back to the car. We stopped at the crossing and waited for the green man to flash, then proceeded to cross. Within a flash a complete idiot overtook the waiting cars, ran the red light, nearly sending Jarvis and I over his bonnet. Normally I'd unleash a torrent of abuse, but I was so shaken and shocked that all I could do was stare in disbelief, whilst the others on the crossing gave the driver heaps of abuse for missing the both of us by millimeters. Now home and with Jarvis asleep, the shock has hit and I can't stop shaking with anger and fear, as to how it could have been so much worse.

On a much lighter note, here's today's How Much To Run A Sydney Toddler figures.

Today's Costs

Entry To Museum: $5.17 (Based on our 17th entry on $88 family membership)
Parking: $5.00 (Normal price $25 - $20 saving being a member)
Coffee: $5 (Two coffee at 10% membership discount)

Total: $15.17

Running Total: $41.23

House Dad.



No comments: